Learn how to play one of the most beautiful songs, traditionally sang at Yom Kippur/Rosh Hashana, called "Avinu Malkeinu" (Our Father, Our King):
Avinu Malkeinu, Chaneinu V'aneinu,
ki ein banu ma'asim.
Assei imanu ts'dakah vachesed, vehoshiyeinu.
(Our Father, our King,
Hear our voice, Lord our God,
pity and be compassionate to us, and accept - with compassion and favour - our prayer)
The lyre is tuned to the Ahava Raba mode (all tunings for playing traditional Jewish music on the Kinnor is discussed in my 1st and 2nd lessons):
bottom string to top -
The notes of the melody are:
In this lesson, I also introduce how to play an accompaniment with the left hand, whilst playing the melody with the right hand.
The ancients certainly DID use & understand basic harmony - to be able to tune a Kinnor in the first place, the ancient Levite musician needed to know what 5ths and 4ths actually SOUNDED like! Also, consider the Lyres of Ur - these were the 3 fantastically preserved lyres found at Ur, form about 2700 BC; which predate Kufu's Great Pyramid at Giza by at least 200 years! Along with these lyres, DOUBLE pipes were found...which by definition, PLAYED TWO DIFFERENT NOTES AT THE SAME TIME!
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades