In this lesson, I'm going to show all you lovely "Levite Wannabes" out there, how to play the beautiful Shabbat melody, "Ma Tovu". The translation into English from the timeless Hebrew text of this haunting song is as follows:
"How lovely are your tents, O Jacob, your dwelling-places, O Israel! Through your great love, O God, I enter your house; with awe I worship in Your sanctuary.
Eternal God, I love the house where Your glory dwells; humbly I worship before my God and Maker.
May my prayer be acceptable to You, Eternal God. In your great kindness, answer me with Your saving truth"
To play this piece, the 10 strings of the Kinnor are tuned again in the melodic minor mode (as discussed in my 1st lesson), but this time, the TONIC of this particular melodic minor scale is A instead of E - so the Kinnor here, is tuned, lowest note to highest:
The notes of the tune are as follows:
AGAEABCDB,high E DCDEDCBGA (REPEAT)
C high E high E high E C high E DDCCB, DBBB, BDCCBBA,CAAA, ACBAG#FE, high E DCD high E DCBGA (REPEAT)
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades