In this lesson, I will demonstrate how to play on the lyre, the traditional melody usually sang to "Adon Olam"(Lord of the World); one of the beautiful closing hymns sang at the end of a traditional Shabbat Service.
The melody is in the melodic minor scale, starting on D, so the 10 strings of the Kinnor are tuned:
I also demonstrate how it is possible to play sharps and flats on a replica of an ancient lyre...without the benefit of having sharpening levers, which are usually found on harps today!
The notes of the melody are:
AABbA, GFED, AA high E high D C
B natural A G# A, A
A B natural C# high D, AAGF, F
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades